Sunday 24 February 2019

Close your eyes

Hello and welcome

Well here I am again. I am really enjoying this week I have to say, although not much house work is getting done sadly. I am back again with another make using Visible Image. Just love their stamps. I have already made a similar one to this way back but this one kind of just happened. Well it's all good fun.



I have taken a photo of items used to save time listing.




Here's what I did...

I began with a piece of mixed media card. It needs to be able to take a lot of water. Spritz the card heavily with water so that there is plenty sitting on top of the card. Take a paint brush and dip into the Ink. I used Crimson and Purple. Drop and dab the ink onto the card so that it spreads out into the water. It will do its own thing. Lay a piece of paper towel down onto the card to soak up most of the water. Repeat if you feel the need until the colour is as you want it. Dry well with a heat tool. Take the Versafine ink and ink up the closed eyes and stamp down onto the card. As always I used a stamp platform for this to allow repeat stamping to get the depth of colour and a solid image. Take the nose and lips and carefully ink up the nose with the black and stamp down. Now ink up the lips with the plum archival ink and stamp down onto the card.

Take the words stamp and ink up with the black versafine ink. I wanted to separate the words. To do this, mask off the bottom two lines while you ink the stamp, then remove the masking tape and stamp down. Repeat this process to enable you to stamp the bottom two lines at the bottom of the tag.

Blend around the outside of the tag with the distress ink to darken the edges. Once happy with the colour, take the circles stamp from the Ripple Effect stamp set and stamp down using the Magenta Hue archival ink pad. Do this all around the outside of the tag. Take the white posca pen and gently line the inside of all the circles partially just to add highlights.

Mount onto a piece of black card and then onto coordinating card before mounting onto a piece of white card. Snip off the corners to create the tag. Punch a hole for the ribbon. I took a piece of white ribbon and coloured it with the distress ink to create a matching ribbon.

Hope you like it.

All for now

Much love

Bev. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In her own skin

Hello and welcome Feels good to be here once again. Yes I have a week off so managed some time in the Craft Room. I made a quick and easy...