Wednesday 19 September 2018

Believe in the Magic

Hello and welcome.

Well here I am on a weeks break from work. The weather is not bad but blowing a gale today. Sadly this seems to be the only real time I ever get to play in the craft room these days. Felt a bit lost and couldn't find half my stuff since a lot of it has been moved around but couldn't resist a play with a new stamp purchased at Ally Pally at the weekend. Yes I still went although a don't get the time to play. Hard habit to brake after 10 years plus. Never miss it. So here I am with a play with this awesome unicorn stamp from Inkylicious.


Here's what I used...

Inkylicious A5 Stamping Card... 350gsm.
Inkylicious Stamp Set... Unicorn Wish.
Inkylicious... Believe in the Magic.
Lavinia Stamp... Birds.
Lavinia Stamp... Moon.
Inkylicous Mask...Twin Peaks.
Inkylicious Masks...Hills I think, Unsure as very old.
Ranger Distress Inks... Worn Lipstick, Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar, Milled Lavender and Seedless Preserves..
Versafine Ink... Onyx Black and Imperial Purple.
Vellum Paper.
Cosmic Shimmer... Silver Lustre.
Stampendous... Silver Halo Mix.

Here's what I did...

I began by brushing over the whole card with Spun Sugar. I then began building the foreground using different pinks and the hill stencil. I masked off the moon before building colour for the sky. Taking the Twin Peaks I began building the mountains in the background. Taking the Seedless Preserves and a blending sponge, blend around the outside of the card. Once happy with how it looked, I removed the mask for the moon and stamped a moon using the Imperial Purple, second generation stamping so as not too dark.

Now to stamp the Unicorn. I decided to try this out on vellum and emboss with ball tools from the back to whiten the image and give depth and texture. I think it worked quite well. I stamped first with the black versafine. Turn over and emboss from the back and cut out carefully.

Now stamp the wording and birds using black versafine. Allow to dry for a moment and then glue the unicorn into place. Dab lots of silver lustre and sprinkle over the silver halo mix and tap off the excess.

Mount onto black card and then onto matching card stock. Finally mount onto the card base.

A nice fairy tale card with a little bit of magic.

I hope you like it and thanks for dropping by.


All for now, Bev. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In her own skin

Hello and welcome Feels good to be here once again. Yes I have a week off so managed some time in the Craft Room. I made a quick and easy...