Wednesday, 10 May 2017

Sandy toes and Salty kisses ❤

So here we go for my second post. This is one of the many cards I've produced over the last few months, which started out as a personal challenge to myself using two Clarity Stamp stencils I have had for about 5yrs and not used. How many could I make? Well I made a few and then a few more, and surprised myself at the same time as building quite a following on social media. I had many questions on products used and how they were achieved and made many aquaintencies along the way. If only I'd had a blog to visit. Anyway enough rambling and here goes...

List of products used:-

Clarity Stamp stencil...bulrushes
Crafty Individuals stamp set C1-459
Studio Light stamp set...Summer at the Beach
Stampin up stamp set...Wetlands
Stampin up stamp set...High tide
Rock stamp...unknown as old and removed from a wooden block
Distress inks...mustard seed and spiced marmalade
Distress oxide...broken China and fossilized amber
Cuttleola dot pen, black
Dreamweaver original embossing paste
Die cuts...sorry unknown as all in a folder minus packaging

A real mix of products used for this card but the making of them all is pretty much the same. I placed the stencil onto smooth white card stock and taped in place to avoid movement. I then worked out where the boy was to stand and stamped him in place and at the same time stamped him onto masking tape. Place masking tape over image and also cut a mask for the sun. I began to blend my inks onto page masking off areas as I went until happy with the look. I then removed the mask from the sun and placed the piece it was cut from over to work on the blend for the sun. I then stamped my rocks. I then stamped the water ripples over the water with the same ink as the sea blend. Then I removed the mask from the boy and also the stencil. I coloured the image with polychromo pencils along with the rocks. I stamped my sentiment and also the birds and seashells at the bottom using the dot pen to add to the shells and add filler. I die cut the seagulls and explore and glued them in place. Last was too create some waves/sea foam, I just dabbed on the embossing paste and heated it with a heat tool. This paste is fab when heated as it bubbles, creating the texture. Last of all I mounted my piece onto the orange card and then onto the final card which I made also. The final card is quite large at just over 8x7. I hope this gives a good idea on how these cards are created and although they are all different, they are all achieved in roughly the same way. I hope to post the others over the coming days 😊

2 comments:

  1. Love the central burst of colour through the stencilled aperture Bev, really draws the eye to the image.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

Here the song within the silence

Hello and welcome. Wednesday is here again already which means I am over at That's Crafty with this weeks blog post. I hope you all m...