Thursday 27 September 2018

People in Life

Hello and welcome

I have made another quick and easy card. I didn't actually know where I was going with this. Had an evening to myself last night and had this verse that I really love and just stamped it to the side on a piece of card and went from there. This was the result. I wasn't that keen at first and it very nearly went in the bin but I thought no, keep going and see what happens.



Here's what I used...

Inkylicious stamp... Some People in Life.
Deep Red stamp... Alice Standing.
Inkylicious stamp... Moon complete with stencil and mask.
Carabelle Studio stamp... Rabbit from Alice and Wonderland I think. Had ages and bought as is.
Leonie Pujol stamp set... Feathery Flourish.
The Crafters Workshop stencil... Mini Microbial.
Versafine Ink... Onyx Black and Smokey Grey.
Ranger Archival Ink Pad... Shadow Grey.
Ranger Distress Inks... Squeezed Lemonade, Broken China and Weathered Wood.
Posca Pen...Gold.
Signo Pen... White.

Here's what I did...

I began by stamping the verse on the right of the card with black ink. Then stamp Alice to the left and the moon between the two. Stamp Alice onto masking paper and carefully cover the stamped image. Now use the mask for the moon and carefully cover that. Using the distress inks in squeezed Lemonade and Broken China, blend gently using brushes to get a soft even colour blend, leaving it very light over the wording. Once happy with the colour take the stencil, place over Alice. Take theWeathered Wood distress ink and blend across the stencil to give some interest.

Remove the masks from Alice and the moon. Place the negative of the moon stencil over the moon so that you can easily position the moon stamp. Stamp the moon using the Shadow Grey. Now take the rabbit and stamp him onto the moon using the Smokey Grey ink pad. Brush over very sofly with the weatheredd wood.

Colour Alice using any medium you have. I used Whisper water colour pens. I felt I wanted a border for this card so took one of the elements from Leonie's stamp set and stamped around the edge of the card with black ink. Take the small flower from the same set and stamp one in each corner of the card. 

I found a clock in my stash so decided to hang this from the moon. Glue into place and then draw a gold chain using the gold Posca pen. Add some white highlights to Alice using the Signo pen.

Mount onto a piece of complimentary blue card stock and then onto some lemon card. Mount onto the blue again before mounting onto the card base.

A very easy card to make and shows this awesome verse off well. I am sure we all have someone in our life that fits with this verse and I hope we can all be one of those people. Life is way too serious sometimes.

Hope you like it. Thank you for dropping in and have a fabulous weekend.

All for now. 

Much love, Bev. xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

In her own skin

Hello and welcome Feels good to be here once again. Yes I have a week off so managed some time in the Craft Room. I made a quick and easy...