Sunday 23 September 2018

Life Is Too Short

Hello and welcome

Well this is getting a bit of a habit lol. I am back here again with another really quick and easy make. I have to say it has really done me good to get back in the craft room. I need to try and find more time throughout the working week I think. 


Here's what I used...

Large lolly sticks from my stash.
Inkylicious stamp... Birds on a wire.
Inkylicious stamp... Life Is Too Short.
Stampin Up Ink pad... Basic Black.
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylics... Nougat, Smurf and Blueberry.

Here's what I did...

Take a scrap piece of card and glue the lolly sticks onto it. Using a dry brush, blend over the lolly sticks with a good coat of Nougat. Blend in some Smurf out towards the top and bottom. Now blend in some Blueberry very lightly. Go over again with some Nougat and keep layering until you get the look you want. Blast with a heat gun to ensure the paint is dry.

Take the birds and ink up with the black ink pad and stamp onto the lolly sticks. I used a stamp press as I knew I would need to repeat stamp. Do the same with the verse. This stamp is one stamp so I masked off the bottom part of the stamp before inking up so that I could split the verse in half. Repeat this when stamping the bottom part of the verse.

Stamp a small love heart top and bottom twice and draw in the line with a black micron fine liner to hang the hearts. Add some red colour with a felt pen.

My original plan was to make this a hanging but changed my mind so mounted onto a matching piece of blue card stock. I then mounted onto black card before mounting onto my card base.

I really love this verse and it's a good way of thinking if you can. I sure need to take note. Anyway that's all from me today. I hope you like it and may be got inspired.

I hope you all have a great week ahead and hope to be back soon.

All for now.

Much love, Bev. xx


2 comments:

  1. Oh Bev this is a fab display, great use of those lolly sticks all stamped beautifully and it works so well as a card.
    Good to see you back crafting I will be walking backwards to see what else you have been up to this week.
    Creative Hugs Tracey & have a fab week.
    P.S I'm not in hiding hee hee.. i'm still around but I don't use FB anymore. Blogger is my happy home & occasionally Instagram :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my lovely and thank you so much for your lovely comment. I don't get much time these days with working full time but so lovd it when I get the chance. Great to here from you and thanks for dropping by. Big hugs. xxx

      Delete

In her own skin

Hello and welcome Feels good to be here once again. Yes I have a week off so managed some time in the Craft Room. I made a quick and easy...