Sunday 30 September 2018

Focus

Hello and welcome on this lovely sunny Sunday.

I hope you are all well and enjoying the weekend. I had a little spare time yesterday and really wanted to visit a past technique which I have been thinking about all week but found I had run out of the main item needed to make what I had planned. I even tried a substitute material which was going quire well until I had to heat it. Sadly it all went wrong so made this very quick tag instead. It's all about the words for me lately and had these words in my head so this is this is the result.


To save time listing, I have taken a photo of products used to make this tag.


Here's what I did...

I began with a piece of card and blended the Tea dye and Bundled Sage over the tag until happy with the depth and blend. I took the Harlequine stencil and using a baby wipe, dabbed through the stencil randomly to remove some of the colour. I did the same again dabbing through with the Tea dye. Working out roughly where the camera was to sit, take the PaperArtsy stencil and applly Tea dye and Weathered Wood at the bottom of the tag. I took one of the elements from the Seth Apter stamp set and the Victorian Velvet ink pad and stamped part of it all the way around the edge. Then blend around the edges with Vintage Photo to darken.

Stamp the camera onto a spare piece of card using Baked Brown Sugar ink and sprinkle over the embossing powder and heat. Once cooled take the Antique Linen and blend over the whole camera. Cut out carefully. Glue the camera in place on the tag and set aside.

I did't have a stamp for my chosen wording and I didn't want to use an alphabet stamp so typed wording into the P-Touch and printed. I didn't want to stick this directly to the tag so applied to spare card and cut out. Glue in place on the tag and draw in some stitching using a black micron pen.

I found a little flower in my stash so glued this to the lens of the camera. To give the look of shadow in front of the camera I used the dots pen. I have to admit this is one of my favourite tools and use it all the time. Fantastic for shading and shadows :-)

Mount on to brown card and then I chose some card to pick up the colour of the rose. Mount on to tag base. Punch a hole for the ribbon.

No matching ribbon in my stash so used a piece of off white ribbon and applied Tea die and a little Vintage Photo to a craft sheet and spritzed with water. Dragged the ribbon through and dried. Thread a piece through the hole and then make a bow.

So make sure you focus on what you want and maybe you will get it. I hope you like it and as always, thank you for dropping in. 

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and have a fabulous week ahead.

All for now.

Much love, Bev. xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

In her own skin

Hello and welcome Feels good to be here once again. Yes I have a week off so managed some time in the Craft Room. I made a quick and easy...