Thursday 20 September 2018

Believe

Hello again :-)

Well there I was filing away my new stamp used in my previous post when I came across the Leopard Prowl which I have had forever and not actually used. It's quite scary when you start rummaging through your stash, just what you have and often haven't played with. Well I had to have a go and decided on this very quick and easy make. I rather quite like the look on this Kraft Card. Gives it an organic feel I thought. 


A quick pic of the items used to make this card to save time.



Here's what I did...

I began with a piece of Kraft Card and placed the stencil onto the card to give me a rough idea where to stamp the leopard. I used the stamping press so that I could remove the stencil and have the stamp exactly where I wanted it. Remove the stencil and then stamp the leopard onto the card using the black ink pad.

Place the stencil back onto the card and tape in place using low tack tape. Now take the distress oxide inks and an ink duster and blend over the wild honey, taking it over the top part of the stencil. Make sure to apply a good amount of ink. Do the same with the peeled paint at the lower part of the stencil all the time making sure you don't go over the stamped image.Take some spiced marmalade and a blending tool and blend around the edge of the stencil to darken the edge slightly. Take the ink duster and pinch the brush tightly to apply a few darker lines through the wild honey.

Once dry take the verse stamp and stamp at the top left using the black ink pad. Take the willow twig stamp and using the black ink pad, stamp along the bottom edge of the card using just the top part of the stamp. To give a little depth, do a few second generation stamping impressions too.

I decided the edges needed a little interest so I had a little look for something simple and decided on one of the elements from the Seth Apter Mark Makers set. Again use black ink and stamp just part of the stamp all the way around the outside edge of the card.

I felt the leopard needed an outer edge which the stamp doesn't have, so simply take a black micron pen and very carefully draw around the leopard. This actually makes quite a noticeable difference to the end look so rather pleased I did it.

Mount onto a piece of black card and then a piece of complimentary card stock and then onto a white card base.

I hope you like it and appreciate you stopping by. 

All for now.

Much love, Bev. xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

In her own skin

Hello and welcome Feels good to be here once again. Yes I have a week off so managed some time in the Craft Room. I made a quick and easy...