Thursday 21 February 2019

Time, you can't turn back the clock

Hello

Here I am again using these fab stamps by Visible Image. There really is so much you can do with these stamps. They say crafting reflects your mood and what's going on in your life and I think that shows with my makes this week. I have to confess that having made this one, I do wish I had made it in another colour but it still tells the story well I think. That is the great thing with crafting, anything goes really so happy days :-)



I have saved time listing again with a photo below of items used to make this tag.




Here's what I did...

I began with a piece of mixed media card and blended over the whole tag with Mustard Seed distress ink. Take the stencil and place on the tag to the top right and blend through with Festive Berries distress ink. Do the same again with the stencil placed at the bottom left. Take the same ink and blend around the edge of the tag. 

Take the fab swirly stamp from the first stamp set called Ahead of our Time and ink up with the versafine ink. Repeat stamp if needed to get a good dark image. Take the birds and stamp at the top right. Take the words from the second stamp set called Somewhere in Time and stamp these using the versafine ink pad. 

To create the the edges of the tag I used the sides of the large splat stamp. Ink up the sides of the stamp and stamp all the way round the tag. Take the black soot distress ink and blend lightly round the edge of the tag. I wanted to grunge it up a little so took a blending sponge and very lightly blobbed it over the yellow to dull it down a little.

Mount onto black card and again onto a piece of coordination card and then mount onto the tag base. As always I used a piece of plain ribbon and coloured it with the festive berries distress ink to make a matching ribbon.

As always, thanks for dropping in. 

Much love

Bev. xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

In her own skin

Hello and welcome Feels good to be here once again. Yes I have a week off so managed some time in the Craft Room. I made a quick and easy...