Wednesday 20 February 2019

The future is in your hands

Hello and welcome

I am very much enjoying a well deserved week off work so where did I end up? You've got it, the craft room. It has been a while since getting in here and getting mucky and it has been great fun I have to say. I decided on this fab stamp set by Visible Image for my first make. How true is that saying...The future really is in your hands.





Here's what I used...

Rather than list it all I have saved time by taking a photo of items used for this make. The only thing I missed was the Ranger Texture Paste in Opaque Matte, Clear Embossing Powder, and a the stencil used for the texture around the edge. I have no idea on the make or name as its in a folder with no packaging. Any stencil of your choice will do :-)




Here's what I did...

I began with a piece of white card stock and just swiped the first three ink pads down the card and then blended over the entire card with the Antique Linen. 

Take the first hand stamp and ink up with the Versafine Ink pad. I used a stamp platform to allow two or three impressions. Quickly sprinkle over the clear embossing powder and heat until melted. Repeat this with the second hand. 

Take the wording from the same stamp set and stamp this with the black Versafine Ink in between the two hands. Take the word discover from the second stamp set and stamp this using the Archival ink pad in Magenta Hue.

Take the stencil and texture paste and apply randomly around the edge of the card. I like to heat set this as it bubbles up slightly to give a slightly bubbled finish. Once this is dry, take a blending foam and the Abandoned Coral and blend around the edge of the card to darken the edge. 

Take the Treasure Gold in Brass and apply gently with a finger tip over the texture paste and around the edge of the card to give a soft gold shimmer. Take a green brush pen, or any colour you prefer to give the eye some colour.

Mount the card onto black card and then a piece of coordinating card and then onto your white card base. Remember to leave plenty of extra at the top to cut the corner to make the tag shape. Punch a hole and die cut the reinforcements. I had no matching ribbon so used a white ribbon that I coloured with the inks used on the card for the perfect match. I must admit I tend to do this most of the time as it saves on money buying many different colours that don't often match. 

I hope you like it and as always, thank's for dropping by.

Will be back again real soon with another make. No stopping me while I am enjoying time off work.

Take care

Bev. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In her own skin

Hello and welcome Feels good to be here once again. Yes I have a week off so managed some time in the Craft Room. I made a quick and easy...