Wednesday 13 February 2019

How fragile we are

Hello and welcome

I hope you are all well. I decided to have a good tidy up in the craft room which very quickly led to a quick make while in there. It is almost valentines day so with that in mind, this was the result.








Here's what I used:

MDF Upright... Note Pad.
Visible Image Stamp Set... How Fragile.
Distress Inks... Black Soot, Weathered Wood, Aged Mahogany, Fired Brick and Tattered Rose.
Archival Ink... Jet Black.
Posca Pen... Red and Silver.
Heart Die.
Gesso... Black and White.

I began by coating the MDF upright with white gesso. I used two coats. I decided where I wanted the main image to go and then cut a piece of acetate roughly to give me the outline. I used the inner piece as a mask to allow me to blend over the aged mahogany and fired brick. Once happy with the colour, take the the black soot and gently blend out from the acetate to give a darker shadow. Then take the outer piece of acetate to cover the pink and blend over the weathered wood . I used the black soot once again to darken the inner edge. Lightly brush over the center with tattered rose to give a soft pink area where the hearts are to go. The outline was not quite dark enough so I used a black colouring pencil to add more depth. I mixed some black gesso with water, and using a fan shaped brush, flicked some black over the lighter area. Before this dries, take a paper towel and wipe down the upright to smudge the dots. Colour the upright base with the aged mahogany and fired brick to match the upright.

Take the visible image stamp and ink up with the archival ink. Stamp down onto the MDF. I used a stamp platform to enable me to repeat stamp to get a good strong image. Using the shattered glass stamp from the same set, stamp randomly over the whole piece. Using the red posca pen, colour the centre pieces in red and the outer pieces in silver. Now take the wording and stamp this as the bottom of the center piece. Cut out two hearts from a piece of red card. Glue the first heart flat onto the upright and then use dimensional glue for the second heart to raise it up slightly.

A very easy and quick make when time is lacking. All good fun. Hope to be back soon.

Much love

Bev xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

In her own skin

Hello and welcome Feels good to be here once again. Yes I have a week off so managed some time in the Craft Room. I made a quick and easy...