Friday 22 February 2019

Courage

Hello

I am back again. What a fab week I am having. Must say it has flown by way too quick but then it does when you are having fun. I hope you have all had a good week and maybe got a little crafting done too. Well I have changed up the mix a bit and gone back to a card for a change.





Here's what I used...

Stampers Anonymous... Tim Holtz Sea Life.
Visible Image stamp set... Dare to Swim.
Stampin Up stamp set... High Tide.
Versafine Ink pad... Onyx Black, Vintage Sepia and Spanish Moss.
Distress ink pads... Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, Mustard Seed and Wild Honey.
Posca Pen... Yellow.
Cuttlelola Dots Pen... Black
Round Gel Press.

Here's what I did...

Create your back ground using the gel press and distress inks. I use one of my embossing plates to attach the gel press so I can press in down exactly where I want it just like you would with a stamp.

Take the octopus and ink up with the black versafine ink and stamp down. Repeat stamp until happy with the image and depth of colour. I used a foliage stamp to the left of the card, I am not sure who the stamp is by as it is very old and no packaging but any would do. I stamped this with the versafine spanish moss. To make sure I kept within the circle I made a mask from a spare piece of card. I did the same to the right of the card with the foliage stamp from the same set as the octopus using the versafine vintage sepia. Now take the fish from the visible image stamp set, and using the versfine spanish moss, ink up and stamp down just below then octopus.

Now take the wording. Again I don't know the make as there is no packaging and I have had the set a long time. You can choose any appropriate verse for this. Stamp using versafine black ink to the top left. I used the birds from the stamping up set, again using black versafine and stamped these bottom right. I used the dots pen to ground the birds. If you don't have one then you can ground the birds any way you choose for the same effect.

I chose to die cut my card with a stitch die. Mount this onto colour coordinating card and then mount onto your white card base.

I decided I wanted the eyes to stand out a little more so used a yellow posca pen to do this.

A nice easy card to make but quite effective. I hope you like it and even better, maybe got inspired.

Back soon.

Much love

Bev. xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

In her own skin

Hello and welcome Feels good to be here once again. Yes I have a week off so managed some time in the Craft Room. I made a quick and easy...