Wednesday 21 February 2018

Something Wonderful

Hello again. I am enjoying a much needed week off work right now so managed another card. More masculine this time. Would be good for fathers day possibly or even a Birthday card for a dad. The wording can be changed of course to anything you like :-)


Here's what I used...

PaperArtsy Smooth white card... 240gsm.
Kaisercraft... Discover.
Clarity Stamp sets... Bird outline, Mushroom outline and Tree outline.
Lavinia Stamp... Rabbits.
Istencil... Spherical Optical Illusion.
Masks... Hills and valleys.
Versafine Ink... Black Onyx.
Archival Ink... Watering Can, Potting Soil and Fern Green.
Stazon Ink... Olive Green.
Distress Oxide Inks... Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed and Faded Jeans.

Here's what I did...

I used the Outline Tree stamp to stamp the trees using black onyx. I wanted the top open so that my scene could come out of the top so made sure I didn't ink up the top part of the stamp. These stamps come with the matching masks which is great. I have had these sets since their launch on TV a long time ago but never used them. Place the part of the mask that has the cut out of the tree over your stamped image to allow the scene within to be created. This is simply done using distress inks and masks to create the grass and then the sky. I punched a small circle out of masking tape for the sun which I placed before blending the sky and used the negative part to create the sun. Once happy with the look, remove the mask and take the chosen stamps from the sets to create the scene. I used the potting soil and two different greens to stamp up the trees. The rest of the images are stamped using the Black Onyx. Once the scene is complete, place the other part of the mask over the tree so protect your image. Place the stencil over the entire card and blend through with the same colours used to create the scene. Remove the stencil and mask from the tree.

I chose the wording from the Kaisercraft set and stamped it with Black Onyx. Do the same with the rabbits. At this point I spotted the little squirrel and thought he would look just right at the base of the tree. Mount the card onto a piece of black card. Then mount to a piece of coloured card that matches the image and then onto a white card base.

I hope you like it. Made a nice change to create something a little different for a change. Having said that I do make all sorts depending on mood :-) That is the great thing about crafting after all. Just have fun and enjoy.

All for now and thanks for dropping by.

Much love

Bev. xxx


2 comments:

  1. Oh Bev, an ideal day in the woods, beautiful created, and with so many lovely stamps. It gives me a feeling of a perfect day, with family, and sweet animals :-) So wonderful stenciled and colored , dear friend .
    Sending a hug, Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweet lady. You always see and tell such a beautiful story. Hugs to you. xxx

      Delete

In her own skin

Hello and welcome Feels good to be here once again. Yes I have a week off so managed some time in the Craft Room. I made a quick and easy...